The annual Boston Marathon 2011 is scheduled to happen this third Monday of the month, on April 18, 2011 same date as Patriot’s Day.
The Boston Marathon is the world’s oldest annual marathon and we have the full schedule below and also, the current records for the event.
This year’s Boston Marathon course is 26 miles and 385 yards or 42.195 Kilometers long. Runners will go through the route of rural Hopkinton to Boston.
If you’re running in the 2011 Boston Marathon, you should take note of the following start time schedule for the day:
- Mobility Impaired – 9:00 a.m.
- Push Rim Wheelchair Division – 9:17 a.m.
- Handcycle Participant – 9:22 a.m.
- Elite Women Start – 9:32 a.m.
- Elite Men & Wave One Start – 10:00 a.m.
- Wave Two Start – 10:30 a.m.
Currently, the records for the Boston Marathon are as follows:
- Men’s Open: Robert Kiprono Cheruiyot (Kenya), 2:05:52, 2010
- Women’s Open: Margaret Okayo (Kenya), 2:20:43, 2002
- Men’s Masters: John Campbell (New Zealand), 2:11:04, 1990
- Women’s Masters: Firaya Sultanova-Zhdanova (Russia), 2:27:58, 2002
- Men’s Wheelchair: Ernst Van Dyk (South Africa), 1:18:27, 2004
- Women’s Wheelchair: Jean Driscoll (United States), 1:34:22, 1994
Good luck to everyone who will be running in the Boston Marathon 2011 this coming Monday.